Garvan Gardens

8:39 PM


On the last real day of my spring break (yes, I know that was a while ago but life has been a little hectic to say the least), my parents took me to Garvan Woodland Gardens in Hot Springs, Arkansas. 

While it may not have been peak time for everything there was to see, there were still so many beautiful blooms. As you can imagine, being a flower and macro enthusiast, the sections that were heavy with blossoms took me a while to walk through. 

If these all look like the same picture to you I apologize, but it was difficult for me to dwindle to just a few favorites in this shoot. 

Garvan Gardens is also home to one of two beautiful glass chapels in Arkansas (the other one is in Eureka Springs). The one is Hot Springs is called Anthony Chapel, and the more commonly known one found in Eureka Springs is called Thorncrown chapel. 

Sadly, there was a wedding taking place while I was there so I was not able to take any photos, but I did get a photo of the nearby carillon which has the same style. In case you were wondering, a carillon is a musical instrument made up of bells housed in a tower (don't worry I had to look it up too). 

I hope you enjoy these pictures! Macro is one of my favorite things to shoot and flowers are my favorite macro subject, but it has been a while since I have gotten to shoot any! Thank you! 

















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Designed By

 photo juneandmae-200button_zpsob9dky8p.png