Sunsets at Sounion

7:26 PM




After a few short detours from the series of posts recounting my 16-day trip to Greece and Israel this summer, I return with the images from our evening trip to Sounion, Attiki, Greece. 

Let's recap. So far I have shared with you my experiences in Porto Rafti (home of The Artemis and HUG), the Acropolis, and Mars Hill. 

This excursion to Sounion followed a day of classes at the Artemis (HUG), and ended our day with one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. As the stereotypical saying goes, this pictures just don't do justice. The ancient Greek temple found on this cape is to the god Poseidon. The power and beauty in the location comes from the backdrop: the cliffs, the sunset, the rolling hills, and the crystal clear waters below.  There is no better way to end a day than this. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Designed By

 photo juneandmae-200button_zpsob9dky8p.png